scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Mon Sep 17 2007 07:40 PM
Re: Ingrid a Depression, Likely No Threat to US, Watching Other Areas

Yeah Ingrids chances are very low... my main area is what you stated in the carribean. The area over florida isnt in the LLs just in the mid. With bad upper level enviroment throughout the SW Atlantic and into the Carribean...conditions dont favor really anything until the central gulf in a few days. Chances I give Ingrid is 20% The midlevel circulation will move SE and develop a small low near the FL straits and move W. Cold Air aloft should warm and we will get a midlevel ridge over the SE ahead of a trough over the upper plains. This should let the system get alot better organized as it moves west thru the gulf. I give that a 60%. Im still glancing at energy staying in the carribean with lower pressures but will shear from the above system hamper development or not is 1 of a few questions... 30% chance on this.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center