Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 19 2007 01:50 AM
Re: Watching 93L close to the Florida east Coast.

yeah i saw that ST reading... there is basically no convection near the low right now.. i have up level II nexrad data from Miami... you can see signs of where the CRC would be, but its hard to pinpoint... no convection... lets see what tonight brings.... also see now that the low is drifiting to the west or 280 at about 4 mph...

This may be the best loop for most all to read...understand... its a Base Reflectivity 1km Mosaic... all radars combined on base reflec. see little showers moving to the ssw off of miami... i would put the broad center just ENE of that about by 20 miles or so..... at this rate... this looks to me that this may come into the SE GOM... almost closer to the keys than as opposed to more up near Fort Myers, which i was originally thinking this afternoon... i am starting to think the low is going to pass close to the NHC..

**also looks like the GFDL is still having trouble with this area at the get go*** 00UTC

This Floater - Infrared Channel 2 Loop Shortwave IR ... good at seeing mid-low level at night... mainly FOG/mositure etc... but at the 0045 and 0115 images i think you can see a better defined area where the CRC is at, off the coast of Miami.. there is two small bands showing up.. both in nexrad data and sat... the broad area of cirulation would be to the ene of that i would think... **note the NWS FRONTS overlay i think is just a tad too far south**

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center