Davida G
(Registered User)
Wed Sep 19 2007 05:32 AM
Re: Watching 93L close to the Florida east Coast.

Hastings Florida checking in here. We are getting some major rain and wind tonight. I went out to check the property, make sure the generator was still covered and things are just nasty out. I know it isn't a tropical storm yet, but it sure FEELS like one with the way the rain is coming through in waves with the heavy gusts of wind, tree limbs and shake all over the place and the sometimes sideways wall of water, but very little lightening and most of that is way off in the distance. We live out in an area called Flagler Estates and I am worried with all this rain we are going to lose some of the roads overnight. Many of them like ours are still unpaved and wash out way too easy. We will see what the morning brings. If nothing else, at least this will help out with the drought conditions in the state.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center