dem05
(User)
Thu Sep 20 2007 02:04 AM
Re: Watching 93L close to the Florida east Coast.

Yeah...I guess I've gotto chime in here too...93L is not the vorticity that moved into the Cape this evening. That vorticity is just that, much like the numerous others that have spun up and spun down in the last few days around the east coast and the Bahamas, and it will fade away soon enough. What is 93L??? Actually, it is the overall system rather than a specific vorticity (That system being the area from the E GoMex to the West W Atlantic/Bahamas to N. Florida).

The vorticity seen moving into the Cape will die down as it moves inland. In general, it is rather small. Also, the conditionas are diurnal so winds will decrease over land over the evening hours and such a weak vorticity will too. Finally...the main circulation envelope at the lower levels is evolving off the SW FLorida Coast as a broad circulation under the ULL (As can be seen in the Shortwave...Link: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t1/loop-ir2.html) The vorticity that moved into the Cape today is pin wheeling around the broader lower level flow in the SE GoMex and at times, there have been subtlehints of other small vorticities...One was over Collier COunty late this afternoon for a brief time then it vanished..

If development occurs, I go with the reformation concept under the ULL off Marco Island. From there, the development would be subtropical...I also do not sense that anything developing is gonna move that fast either. The ULL hasn't moved much, nor has the relative disturbed weather. I believe the models are too fast with their evolution...

Mean time, I give subtropical development a 40% shot for now...it will not come from the Low moving through central Florida if it does...That vorticity will die in the diurnal phase land influence...it will also get absorbed into the overall surface pattern either way. That said...I give a 60% shot of no development for 93Lduring the next 24 hours.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center