Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 20 2007 02:35 AM
Re: Watching 93L close to the Florida east Coast.

It does appear now that the vortice/low that came ashore over on the east coast will probaly weaken some overnight... there is alot of dry air at about 15k above it.. don't think it will make, since the mid-upp low to the sw is much stronger... also noticing that buoy 42003 is showing pressure drop all day today... If this is the case, then i expect the ULL is winning out right now... tyring to build down to the surface... which would make this a Sub-tropical system at first, then based on its location and weak steering currents... this should transition over into tropical?

This would put the western GOM back under my watch & wait list... I thought about moving my forecast earlier today, but this evening data is changing my thinking... seems that the surface low may form where i thought it would originally... in SE GOM.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42003

Station 42003
Today, September 19, 2007, 26 minutes ago
September 19, 2007 8:49 pm CDT
Wind Direction: N (10°)
Wind Speed: 19 knots
Wind Gust: 25 knots
Significant Wave Height: 6 ft
Dominant Wave Period: 7 sec
Atmospheric Pressure: 29.85 in (1010.9 mb)
Pressure Tendency: -0.00 in (-0.0 mb)
Air Temperature: 83°F (28.4°C)
Dew Point: 74°F (23.4°C)
Water Temperature: 86°F (30.1°C)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center