dem05
(User)
Thu Sep 20 2007 06:26 PM
Re: Gulf of Mexico System

Clocking in down here in Port Charlotte. We're running a bit higher on the pressure readings than up there in Plant City (I'm coming in at 29.85 or about 1010mb).

Really not the thinking behind my post however. The system may have it's shot to get closer to a subtropical something during tonight's diurnal max. One observation that I have made throughout the day is that the overall envelope...or gyre as I was calling it earlier, has been slowly contracting...So we may be getting closer to something here. During someof these contractions, you may have noticed some funny kinks and quirks in the visible satellite images and the overall radar representation of the circulation from the Tampa Bay Long Range (Link: http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=TBW&product=N0Z&overlay=11101111&loop=yes )

Our best friend tonight will be the long range radar fromthe standpoint of tracking the organization. Shortwave satellelite will also be a helper after the sun goes down. That said, one final observation and possible caveat for development. I have noticed that as the overall contraction has taken place today...The broad circulation pattern is elongated...So as contraction is a plus, the elongation may also be a development inhibitor.

Final notes/thoughts. I'll go with the overall model solution. Pretty good agreement there. Iam sure you have all watched the models and compared overall movement as 93L has progressed. One overall problem I do have with the models is forward speed. The models seem to keep moving this thing along at a slow pace over the next 2 days. However, 93L really didn't move at all today and I would not be surprised if the overall solution is slower than what all the models are showing. Overall, that has been somewhat of a trend...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center