Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 20 2007 10:23 PM
Re: Gulf of Mexico System

Well my Internet went down for several minutes... actually my Internet was working but DNS was not. Anyway, this thing is looking more and more like a tropical storm by the hour, with the low forming southeast of Apalachicola, I think. The low could be south of there, but there is definate rotation in that area. Based upon that position, I expect us panhandle folks to get drenched over tomorrow and Saturday, and I don't disagree with that landfall projection, Storm Hunter, although I think the AL/FL border is likely as well. My big issue is why the NHC is so reluctant to call it a subtropical depression.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center