Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 20 2007 10:28 PM
Re: Gulf of Mexico System

i think the answer for that HUGH is convection near the center and not linked to any type of front/trough? if if had just a little more storms... we have would have S-TS Jerry.... most of the lightning is well NE and NW of the low... although there have been about 3 very strong rotating thunderstorm i have been watching over there in central Florida... that's my concern for tomorrow... tornados... i am hoping that the rain over the aplach. bay will help stablize our atmopshere over here in the panhandle tomorrow... and that there is not a lot of dry air pulled in with the ULL passing by us... will see! The reason for the strong winds up here right now is due to the pressure gradient between us and the ridge to the north of us....with the surface low to the ESE.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center