dem05
(User)
Thu Sep 20 2007 10:48 PM
Re: Gulf of Mexico System

I can understand how you might have that perception. I lived in Tallahassee for almost 10 Years and I am very familiar with the radar system there. For all trackers concerned...this is understandable, but it is an illusion.

Point A.) The area you are referencing is way too far from the radar site. It is viewing rain reflectivities that are higher in the atmosphere.
Point B.) For Back Up, here is the water Vapor Loop (Link: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t1/loop-wv.html ). The circulation you are seeing is the result of the Upper Level Low, which has now peeled off from the stacked system and is moving toward the western Panhandle, Ala, Miss are.

Bottom line otherwise is that the showers and thunderstorms traversing the Florida Panhandle are part of the ULL, which has broken free of the surface low that probably/likely will not develop now. Had the two remain stacked, the overall picture/trend toward subtropical development would have seemed more likely.

To view the surface low that has had the potiential for development throughout the day, it is still in the basic area it has been all day, please view the following link: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t1/loop-ir2.html
The Low is approximately at 27.0N, 83.8W. This one could fade just as easily as any of the others...But evenif a new low forms under the ULL...Time is running out to finish what was started today. Either way, No Name, Subtropical Name, or No Name...the end result is the same. This is a rainmaker. That said, my bets are with an almost 0% chance of this getting a name.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center