mbfly
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 21 2007 10:31 AM
Re: Gulf of Mexico System

So does this mean that it IS a tropical depression or storm at this point ?? I'm confused by what I'm reading here and what I'm reading from a local subscription weather service that put this statement out this morning........... (quoted in part)

"The tropical depression over the northeastern Gulf continues to become better organized and appears to be structured more like a tropical-type cyclone than a subtropical-type cyclone. Currently the depression has sustained winds of about 35 mph. Some slow
intensification is likely over the next 12-18 hours, and the depression should be upgraded to minimal tropical storm today. It is highly unlikely this storm will approach hurricane strength.

The depression is expected to move toward the west-northwest at 5-8 mph for the next couple of days and even possibly turn more westward after landfall.

Heavy rainfall is already spreading over coastal areas of North and Northwest Florida. Rainfall amounts of 3-6 inches will continue spreading westward along the northern Gulf Coast today and Saturday as
the storm moves toward landfall."

So is it is or is it aint

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center