Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Sep 21 2007 02:08 PM
Attachment
Re: Subtropical Depression 10 Forms in Gulf of Mexico

the NOAA plane out there is finding about 60F temps at 5k feet... so along with sat... the transition to Tropical was coming... also Dewpoints are up there too... if we can get the winds now... we would have Jerry

ALSO looking at KEVX.. i think the TS is not to far off.. the center at the surface has mixed into the storms that i seen with a few lighting strikes... there are storms right there now towering very high... if NOAA makes another pass... (there south of PNS heading south..) we might find stronger winds... confined right there in the center....aka... the core is looking better to me...see if it hold!

this was the AF plane from this morning... see attachment... intersting flight path..(looks like a plane there)

**update... seeing winds around 40-45kts at about 5-6k ft on the left side of the "center"** **5,000ft** radar based from KEVX

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center