dem05
(User)
Fri Sep 21 2007 11:25 PM
Re: Gulf of Mexico System

Well, 93L beat my 0% and my 15% chance odds of becomming a depression. It was pretty lucky to become that, but after subtropical designation and tropical designation...it definately did not become a tropical storm and there will be no post storm analysis needed.

No "Jerry" Springer argument about that (trying to be somewhat humerous). The end result of the weather was the same all in all...Rain, some small winds, and definately some regretable tornados here and there so far. I hope for no more of those. Otherwise, there were a few gusts here and there across Florida that approached and/or surpassed tropical storm force. But nothing sustained to gain any merit for a TS designation. Not much different that a roll of the dice with an afternoon thunderstorm...and we've all had some excitement there at some point in time. As for those radio towers, they are all very high up. I am sure they will show higher winds, but nothing to support a tropical storm at 30 feet or less with respect to sustained winds. We will find out in the Mobile Weather Post Storm Report. But in particular...I know of the major tower on Okalossa Island off of Highway 98...I saw it after Hurricane Ivan. It is a very, very tall radio tower on the beach. It is a famous one from the WWII era, but I believe it is still in operation. If a weather station on it is above 30 feet, the data will be useful, but not representative of surface designations that give a system a name...In general, the system remained too difuse to earn that name and td10will remain just that...a td. Now, it is time for the Northern Gulf to take a look at the Carribean Sea. Something may pop in your direction from there...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center