allan
(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 22 2007 04:03 AM
Re: Gulf of Mexico System

I respectfully dissagree, the storm brought floods and some minor damage to my area, I live on the East Coast of FL.. I believe this was at least a Subtropical Storm when it hit here.. also, this was interesting before it made landfall at Cape Canaveral, FL. Jesse Ferrel (Accuweather Meteorologist) points this out the day after the storm hit here.

"The most impressive buoy data out of this storm was really yesterday from SPGF1, east of Florida. Pressure fell to 29.78 while wind spiked to 44 mph, gusts to 48 mph -- Tropical Storm strength."

It deffinatly felt like a TS here in Palm Coast, but it did not have all it's characteristics or one, certainly did not look like one either.. That's why I'd say it was "Subtropical" in nature with 45 mph at landfall. We got the worst flooding Palm Coast has basically ever seen, very rare to.. I don't think we'll see flooding like that in a while, I could be wrong though.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center