LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Oct 03 2007 08:22 AM
comebacks

So... are the remnants of Karen in the area of the Turks and Caicos moving into the area where convection has persisted and is that what gives the impetus to that Bahama area to gel?

I'm trying to understand or see where Karen would have been extrapolated wise and not sure if that is or isn't what is going on.

The beautiful wave down in the Atlantic is Melissa? I was away for a few days, didn't realize.

All i know is shear is relatively low down there and the conditions would support development. It looks like a big system though and Melissa always seemed tiny. Nice structure, good bones as they say.

Warm water.. why isn't more being said about this area?

http://www.esl.lsu.edu/special_gifs/trop_lant4col.jpg

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center