Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Oct 04 2007 12:27 AM
Attachment
Re: who wants to call noel?

Been watching 90L all day... and this afternoon its looks like it finally getting its act together... the location would pose some concern with me if it were a normal October, but i think once again Upper level winds have saved it from getting up to TS/Hurricane... I expect if the current trend holds... this may become Noel sometime in the morning... with landfall along the southern part of LA... some time late tomorrow into the night as a TD or a weak TS... i think it may have time to transition over too a warm core at this point... time will tell. There is small storms blowing up near the center... although there still is signs of a decent amount of shear...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center