weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Oct 30 2007 05:51 AM
Re: Non Tropical model run

Daniel,

Yeah, I just read the same and thought......."uh oh"....
Things could get real interesting, real quick if recon comes in with any 997's (mb). With sat. and Cuban radar depicting motion seemingly hugging the coastline, do you know how hindered NOAA will be in getting solid obs.??

Shortly after my above submission, just noticed NHC with 2:00am. intermediate showing recon coming in with 999mb. Also, as the 0z models are coming in, am seeing the FSU MM3 similar to the Canadian with a more westward motion or "land tour" of Cuba, before hooking north. Meanwhile in order for GFDL to be on the mark, Noel will have to take an immediate due north turn. Given the appearant West to WNW motion, looks like the GFDL is off the mark. UK, like the GFDL intensifies Noel, but bring him directly over Andros Island, before leaving for greener pastures. Just goes to show how having all the right "initial" components play so differently with any model's outcome.

While leaving my previous "forecast" post accordingly in the Forecast Lounge, I will nonetheless simply state that things may truly become more dicey for us folks here in the Southern Florida area, come morning. Perhaps the Canadian model will have "nailed" it and Noel will take the land tour, thus weakening it substantially? Pinning hope on the Canadian though, may be like us Dolphin fans hoping on winning the next 8 games ( LOL ).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center