Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Oct 30 2007 03:34 PM
Re: There is an "H" in the NHC's track

Quote:

Yesterday and the day before the hurricane center's track had a lot of doubt built into it, today not so much, so far it's been pretty good.

Mike. I enjoy your posts and knowledge, but just what about today's forcast tracks do think is pretty good. All I see is the storm center moving WAY left of the track....so the models are just making the turn tighter and tighter and starting farther west as if the northeastern part of the cone is pinned and the lower portion can swivel any way to correct for how far off the path the storm is.....I agree that the northward turn seems invevitable, but the models have missed this westward movement by a LOT...except for the 10/28 12:00 UKMET which predicted this...then changed in the next run.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center