MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Wed Oct 31 2007 02:11 PM
Re: Noel Emerges into the Atlantic

The "western blowup" is actually closer to the center, the western edge of Noel's center is still exposed. The center recon found was a bit to the west and southwest of the big blowup It'll likely and the center will stay over 110 miles east of South Florida. If you look at the water vapor, the "wall" from yesterday is now more oriented north northeast than north like yesterday afternoon.

The more interesting thing will be any possible extratropical transition (which Recon may have hinted at--I'd still want to see if that continues), and what it does for the general winds and gradient winds. Beach Erosion will likely be Noel's biggest impact on Florida.

I still really don't see any reason for Tropical Storm watches or warnings for Florida, the effects of the system are already covered under the current advisories. This does not mean it won't be an ugly day today and tomorrow morning! Yes it appears close, and I know that makes people nervous, but there's a lot of valid weather reasons not to issue warnings and watches.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center