weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Oct 31 2007 09:52 PM
Re: Noel Emerges into the Atlantic, South Florida Watching Movement Closely

Alan - you made no reference yesterday or last night with regards to your "steering current maps" of a stationary motion today. The maps "are" pretty though. It is but one tool, among many however one really need to examine the real weather. Remember too, even GFS and NAM both show surface, mid level, and upper air, but not as an identical interpretation. I am the first to admit to being a map and model monger, however I feel to get a proper read of the weather, one must spend at least as much looking at the "real picture". This picture being the satellite views. Often time models depict something that may simply not be there, where at least the naked eye can make such observations.

I believe we are seeing a cyclonic loop, but not a NE motion. Is basically stationary, but will likely continue to drift NW. I do believe we will see deepening during the evening hours.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center