cieldumort
(Moderator)
Wed Oct 31 2007 09:41 PM
Re: if they get together, both centers...

Yeah, this is definitely much more like what you are more likely to see in some of the juicier West Pac tropical storms, to be sure. I've seen a few of the east pac systems flare this deep, but very infrequently.

Noel was doing this earlier this morning, before the LLC exited stage left. HERE are the AMSU Radial/Height cross section anomalies from around that time (15Z). The look of it compared to most of our other systems this year is just parabolic.

I would bet that rainfall rates within those deepest cores are running upwards of 4" to 10" per hour, and the water loading is probably creating a tropical cyclone's version of a very, very wet microburst, locally dragging down the strongest winds to the surface, and enhancing them on the way down. I'm wondering a little about hail production, as well.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center