Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Nov 01 2007 02:16 AM
Re: Recon

i think thats the plane flying over land... the SFMR is actually really measuring the speed of the aircraft over land... i pretty sure its bad data, seen it with AF recon heading into GOM over land... they turn it on to calibrate?....

Regarding those "Hot Towers".... some impressive storms that shot up over 50-60k ft from what i can tell.... TRIMM should have a good image soon... If you remember.... this is always where the TALLIEST storms from tropical systems have been recorded... like Bonnie, etc... something to do with the very warm shallow water there in southern Bahama's... if this keeps happening and center can tuck under deep convection, before shear jumps in late tonight and into the morning, then a no doubt in my mind we should see this thing jump up in strength some... but with trough coming, shear is knocking on the door!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center