cieldumort
(Moderator)
Tue Jul 15 2008 03:58 AM
Re: Bertha Stalls SSE of Bermuda, Watching Two Other Things

Really have to disagree with that assesment.

Different take -

LLC much closer to, well, basically right at, 12N 45W, and finally starting to redevelop some (a little) convection right within it.

That hint of a spin off to the west-northwest (closer to 13N 47W) strikes me as resulting from the wrap-around convective balls we have been watching all day coming into contact with a conflicting layer or some sort.. so the tiny little complex probably hit a portion of the low-level/surface shear zone 94L has been roughly tending to follow, at the same it was rounding the smooth western edges of the oblong, broad circulation.

My best guess as to 94Ls LLC current position is about the same as the center location being tracked by NRL, currently listed at 11.9N-45.3W, on their website.

However, it will be curious if the flare near 13N 47W doesn't disrupt things a bit, as it might very well be in the process of developing a meso, and without a doubt, it's the best looking convective cluster of the bunch so far today or tonight.

* Going to edit and amend all that to say that I might be nudged to split the difference with scott. We need a few more microwave passes... -and- a scatt... to put this one together, but a recent AMSRE pass sort of hints that there may be a primary or secondary LLC running along or near 12N and west of 46W.

How do you spell dis-or-g-a-ni-zed?

(I know, it's not *that* disorganized, but it could certainly be said to have room for improvement)

As an aside, this is one of the longest stretches of Dvorak T numbers running 2.0 out of SAB, Tropical T numbers, in any case, without an upgrade:

15/0545 UTC 11.8N 45.1W T2.0/2.0 94L
14/2345 UTC 11.9N 44.2W T2.0/2.0 94L
14/1745 UTC 12.1N 43.1W T2.0/2.0 94L
14/1145 UTC 11.9N 42.0W T1.5/1.5 94L

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center