weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Jul 21 2008 02:48 AM
Re: TS Dolly Heads Toward Cozumel, Cristobal Drifts NE, Bertha Now Extratropical

Ed - Just to piggyback on the surface data you just stated, one of my favorite sites for satellite is Nasa's, in which i'll attach the link. Looking at the 2:15 pic, but moreso the recent loop, there seems little doubt to me that what appears as an eye is forming, and that in the short term it is indeed appearing to be moving NNWward.

Let see if this works.....http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/

I like this link a lot because one can not only choose whether one wishes to view a loop, but permits one to "zero in", click, and get REALLY close. Several use options are available, including a short to quite a long loop option.

As a quite thought, regarding Dolly and Bertha....., and Cristobal...., does anyone have the date which might indicate the last year ( and how many years since such data was collected ), that we had 3 named active storms occuring at the same time, but specifically in the month of July?? Would appreciated the feedback

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center