metwannabe
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Jul 20 2008 11:42 PM
Re: TS Dolly Heads Toward Cozumel, Cristobal Drifts NE, Bertha Now Extratropical

I had mentioned early tonight that on WV Sat loop you could see a "surge" of moisture northwestard or a bulge if you will, towards the northwest GOM and I thought this would indicate the direction that Dolly would move, at least in the short term. I can still see this on the most recent WV Loop and it certainly appears that most posting here believe she is moving in a NNW/NW direction. Without a definite center pos. it is difficult to be sure but I just do not see the LLC passing over land tonight. In fact I would not be surprised if later a center is fixed further north and we see a dramatic shift in model runs.

Systems that look this good on sat but still developing...not only frustrating, but can be down right scary for anyone that lives around GOM!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center