weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 02 2008 01:15 PM
Re: Wave Watching

I agree with regard to the N. Gulf potential cyclogenisis, and N. Fla. radar certainly depicting some rotation ( at some level ). Yet, I would think to truly work its way down to the surface and fully organize, will take a couple days. Am just not yet seeing on vis. satellite all that much evidence of inflow from the east. Granted, a small system need not nearly as much time to develop as a typical tropical wave.

I disagree on 99L and though share your sentiiments on its appearance and obvious circulation. My take however is that we are seeing 99L at its peak and upper level shear may soon start to "de-couple" any existant or developing low level center. Looks to me that the low level is starting to race westward ahead of the convection just a little. I think this may become more evident as time goes on. That all said...., it sure has pulled itself together nicely since yesterday.

90L continues to slowly ( or maybe NOT so slowly ) consolodate, and has a nice overall shape. Hard to see any evidence of circulation yet, but then again its hard to find a decent loop of this critter. If any of the 3 features were to develop further, I believe 90L might be the first to "officially" reach depression ( "officially" because 99L may technically have already crossed that threshold already today ).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center