Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Aug 14 2008 05:24 AM
Attachment
Re: Looking Around the Basin

see attached image to go with the following..

been watching NOAA3 fly and looking at IR shortwave... i thought the plane went through the old center ((i mean above)... the surface center thats about to enter the islands... which i think was around 17N 61W (which can be seen HERE )

but then about 30 mins ago.. recon was on the sw side of the convection and went across an area at 4,385 meters (~ 14,386 feet) at around 17.47N 59.48W and the winds changed almost 180 degrees and were less then 5mph at one point... almost like they flew through a small mid level low.. in the attached image.. its where the white bars are at. notice the wind shift?

and as i write, NOAA43 just went directly through that convection we see on sats... a BUMPY ride for sure!

the RED L is the 00Z location from models

**UPDATE... Flying through that blob.. pressure around 1009mb
Time: 05:06:30Z Coordinates:17.72N 58.85W
*SFMR Peak (10s) Sfc. Wind: 40 knots (~ 46.0 mph)
**Denotes suspect data***

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center