SeaMule
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Aug 20 2008 02:24 PM
STALLED...AND THE MODELS WILL CHANGE

In looking at the building high pressure ridge that looks to have already stopped any more northerly movement...plus, the expanding outflow to her west...it looks like Fay is positioning herself to begin a different direction entirely. Given the slight sw wobble, that is sometimes indicative of a change in direction. It's quite conceivable that she is now going to begin heading west. The saving grace may be IF she traverses west slowly enough.....to perhaps dissipate. doubt that will happen, given the nice outflow and her impressive characteristics. She will enter the northern gulf as a tropical depression at worst...and then have at least 60 hours to rebuild, with all the mechanics in place to make it a real headache for the NHC.

Is this fun, or what?

anything that happens now wouldn't suprise me. it will be interesting if the new forecast models catch what I think I'm seeing.....

anyone else see this?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center