Steve H1
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 20 2008 03:50 PM
Re: Fay Over Cape Canaveral

Hey Colleen, how are things going with you. I show up at work this morning (right on the MLB airport) to find out they will open the site at noon. Fay has been hanging around dumping rain all morning here. An hour later I get a message that the site will definitely be open at noon. at 10 am we get another notice that the site will be open at noon. At 11:30 I get another notice that the site will be closed wednesday.....aaarrrrggghhh!!!! Anyhow, FAy seems to be moving a bit east now, which is interesting since if she can do that she may indeed strengthen, and may actually dip a bit South of east before heading back west. (Purely my assumption here). As Scott said, I don't see her going much, if any, further north. Maybe Fay will pay you a visit after all! She certainly firing some convection off to the north. Well, there's plenty of hurricane season left, and if you look at the Euro extended maybe Fay #2 south of Cubs at 240!! Talk to you soon.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center