CaneTrackerInSoFl
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Aug 25 2008 02:12 PM
Re: Development in Central Caribbean Likely Today

I'm very interested as to what recon will find when it makes its pass through the northeast eyewall. This storm reminds me of Lenny from a few years ago so much. I distinctly remember Lenny's depression stage as showing what appeared to be an eye and then it spun up quickly from there on its way to a very quirky path in the Caribbean. Hispanola has to be thanking its lucky stars right now that if anything, it will be just a brush by, especially with the way Fay dumped all the rain on Hispanola. Cuba and eventually, Florida (big IF), will definitely have to worry because there is no where for all the water from Fay to go.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center