LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Aug 29 2008 11:07 AM
Re: Tracking Two Tropical Storms

Have a real question here..

Generally speaking...when a storm becomes a cat 3 or 4.. what does the high aloft usually do to track

is there any pattern or each storm is its own ..

do they lean right or left or poleward?

Really, this is amazing. So many storms and Gustav is really pumping. yes, he has dry air in there but his eye really does pop out and he will go over very hot water

as for hanna... she's a fighter, fought off that ULL and if that ULL disapeers and the high does build in she is more a certainity I think that Gustav as if he becomes a Cat 3 or higher he will have one heck of a high aloft over him, his own high I may add and that may change things just a bit..

either way the consistency of the models for the gulf make me nervous, its like nothing budges them.. yes a wide cone on the 5th day but this is exasperatingly slow for people to keep watching them spin and worry

and if Ike forms out of the African system.. not even sure what will be as am so busy staring at these two to worry on him, if he forms..

this is one year for tropical storms and I keep thinking that we never really got to use models and sats to play with Betsy, she just drove forecasters crazy stalling and changing direction but somehow this time around with a possibly similar storm we get to watch how the strangeness of her track panned out..

very similar.. and again hit FL/LA.. something to think on down the road not now..

this is the time to prepare and not panic

but heat of the water down below gusav is hot

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center