MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Fri Aug 29 2008 08:03 PM
Re: Rainmaker in the making?

Stick with the NHC track and the cone, Northeast Texas to the Western Florida Panhandle, that's about all I can say really. Wait until it gets past Cuba -- I don't think (and hope) it will be a New Orleans storm but that was just a lounge thought and by no means correct, I said it probablty would lean more south/westward and it did toward Jamaica, but it doesn't look like it will get as close to the Yucatan as I thought. I don't know about the long term.

I still think being proactive preparation wise anywhere in that cone is a good move. They did move that LSU game up to 10AM CDT.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center