wxman007
(Meteorologist)
Sat Aug 30 2008 02:45 AM
Re: Rainmaker in the making?

Quote:

I do have a question to anyone more knowledgable than myself (read most everyone) as to Hanna. Do we know if she's slated to slow her foward speed over the next 24-36 hrs. If so, how will that set up or come into play with the High and ULL and possibly the chance that she may turn out to be just a really close call the Southern CONUS?

I would appreciate any links/explaination that my help me suss this one out for myself.

At this time however, I just don't see how she makes the hard southwest turn...unless the high sets up stronger and more easterly.

The same blocking high configuration that steered Fay westward across the Peninsula will likely be in place for Hanna. As the ULL pulls away she should stall and weaken a bit in the face of some SW shear, then the high will reassert itself and should push Hanna SW thru the Florida Straits and very possibily into the GOM.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center