vineyardsaker
(Weather Guru)
Sat Aug 30 2008 04:04 AM
Re: GUSTAV watching

Quote:

I am deploying to the NOLA EOC tomorrow (saturday). I'll be happy to provide updates and info from the "front line" there. (...) I will try and report back when i can. probably late saturday.

First, thank you for keeping us informed! Yes, please do keep us posted.

I understand that Nagin is thinking of ordering the evacuation of NO tomorrow Sat. What percentage of the population do you expect to be leaving? What are the plans to assist those who will not be able to leave if the levees breach again?

As far as I know, with Katrina only actually got Cat1 force winds and the eye made landfall on the right of NO. This time, you are looking at a possible Cat3 and you will be in the right quadrant. Be very, very careful, this might end up being a far more powerful hurricane.

Stay safe and God bless.

VS

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center