TeamJP2002
(Registered User)
Thu Sep 04 2008 10:34 PM
Re: Hanna Approaches Carolinas, Ike Remains Major

Quote:

Sorry to ask a rookie question but I can't help myself. I have been "lurking" and reading your insightful posts since Ivan came through the panhandle. Thanks for all the info. I know the NHC issues the advisories on theh 5's and 11's and when land is involved an intermediate is on the 8's and 2's. Where is the 8p for Ike? There have already been a few intermdiates and when I got home from work tonight I was hoping for an update and I am still looking at the 5p that I saw forever ago. Thanks again for the info and I will retreat to the shadows....Rick

Ike's not close enough to any major land areas to be on the "every 3-hour update" schedule yet.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center