cate
(Verified CFHC User)
Fri Sep 05 2008 07:15 PM
Re: Hanna Approaches Carolinas, Ike Remains Major

Quote:

Well Cate, I see you are not accepting private messages.

You say your mobile home, Frances, Jeanne and Wilma...and you seem to know what it's like going through all 3 of them, correct?

I lived on Jensen Beach in 2004 and Frances and Jeanne's eyes went right over my home while Wilma clipped me as a Cat 1 from the S/W!

Where do you live in Florida, Cate?

I have received two or three pms from people on the board, but if you'd care to email me directly: cate58wood@aol.com.

I live in Hobe Sound (between Stuart and Jupiter) and, yes, we were in the eye for all 3. Not fun! My plans are up in the air right now, until we get a firmer fix on Ike, but my basic preparations are done. I have lots of friends in Jensen Beach, especially members of the VFW on Savannah Road. You guys "up there" had a lot to deal with during Fay. I take it you had already moved before Fay? I'm sure you watched the reports, tho. Yuck. I think it's my fault. My hubby and I were visiting Hamburg NY when the famous October snowstorm hit! And we lived there during 'the Blizzards...part of the reason we moved to FL and were greeted by Erin..

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center