flahurricane
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Sep 07 2008 01:19 AM
Re: Drops

Quote:

Quote:

The models seem to be tightly clustered in the central GOM. The models did very well with Gustav before and after it entered the Gulf, so I tend to trust them with Ike. I think the main issue will be forward speed. That will be the key factor in Ike's landfall destination. Slower forward speed would cause more of a threat to the east Gulf, where a faster speed would threaten the western Gulf.

The NHC was right on on their long term forecast for Gus,But they also had it missing Jamaica,and it went over the top of Jamaica.Point is,just a little wooble north and all bets are off.

I was referring to the spaghetti models, not NHC official forcast, which were tightly clustered days before Gustav hit LA.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center