scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Sun Sep 07 2008 11:44 AM
Re: Ike Approaching Great Inagua, Hanna Extratropical

Well here's the factor that we are all looking @. First thing First, does IKE move west longer and thru most of Cuba and exit near 81W or does just interact with Cuba along the north coast and move out moreso near 78-79W? Further north will have greatest impact on the Keys. 1st course would bring Tropical Storm force conditions to the Keys. 2nd course would bring a major Hurricane to the Keys. Now the 1st course might take it near 25N and 85W, 2nd near 25N and 83W, just 2dg will make a big difference in not only affecting the Keys, but also Floridas west coast and most importantly here, the future movement.

Now with that said, let me give you a reasoning. First we do believe the first trough will bypass IKE. If IKE takes his slightly southern course above, then he might want to tend further west before a 2nd trough comes down and pushes IKE north into LA (Biloxi MS-Upper TX coast). Or what we might see happen is the 2nd course would make IKE stall in the eastern GOM with weak steering currents around 26N and 84-85W meander for a day before the 2nd trough picks him up and take IKE North and NNE towards the NE Gulf from there-Biloxi. Another words there are 2 scenerios. I dont see how IKE will miss both them troughs and make it to a area south of Galveston, TX. I wont say it wont happen, but just dont see it this time of year.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center