JoshuaK
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 14 2010 08:34 PM
Re: Igor Cat 4

Saw the update on the main page about Karl. I'm not too suprised really, since that triangle area between Cancun, Honduras, and the Cayman Islands in the Western Caribbean tends to produce a lot of strong storms (Wilma being the top evidence of that). If it survives transition over the Yucatan, are we looking at another impact in the same general region as Alex and Hermine? I imagine Texas probably still isn't dried out yet after that latter.

EDIT: 5PM isn't out yet, but it looks like Igor has intensified since earlier in the day. Without looking at Dvorak data or Sat estimates, I'll predict an increase back up to 145 mph, at least, for 5PM. And to cover all the bases, looks like Julia is getting hit by strong shear from the WNW.

EDIT: Right on the money. =D

Everyone on Bermuda right now is probably hoping that the forecast track is waaaaayyyyy off for the latter period.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center