BracGypsy
(Registered User)
Wed Sep 29 2010 07:47 PM
Attachment
Re: Wave in Western Caribbean May Form Today. Rain For Southeast Florida

Wow what a site this is. BracGypsy here from Cayman Brac. Nice to meet all of you.

The winds have somewhat subsided here on the Brac due to Tropical Storm Nicole.. I received a note from our air-traffic controller earlier today, the note said the winds here on Cayman Brac were about 50.6mph with a little higher in gust. It blew a few signs over and we lost power for a bit over an hour and half. The winds have now subsided to less than half. The rain here was unreal all morning from around 10am' it stopped it's downpour around 2:10 pm, but still a light sprinkle now. The Rain Gauge showed on the 10inch mark. Lot's of rain here, the airport runway is on the flooded side, but they have that all under-control now.

It's nice to meet everyone. Just though I would let you guys know that there is a little 12 mile island 90 miles south of Cuba, called Cayman Brac. Seems the world sometimes forgets about us at times. I'm just here to remind you.
Take care.
Over and out:
BracGypsy

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center