danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Fri Oct 04 2013 06:01 AM
Re: Tropical Karen forms in Southern Gulf, Hurricane & Tropical Storm Watches Issued

I believe I may now understand what is happening. The Low Level Center and swirl is now near 25N/ 90W. And is now completely out from under the mid and upper levels. It's just to the SE of the 25/90 lat/ long lines.

The mid and upper levels are trying to regenerate thunderstorms and the SE Quad is doing a fair job of that.

The UKMET and Euro Models want to take Karen west. They must be reading the LLCC and lower levels.
While the GFS wants to take Karen to the NE towards Appalachcola AQQ and the Big Bend. I believe this is the mid and upper level side of the storm.

Really messed up system I know, but not entirely impossible.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center