Prospero
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Jul 11 2019 11:08 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Barry forms in Gulf of Mexico

Strange storm from the first mention of it. The only time this amateur could be sure I knew the center of rotation it was still over land. Looking at satellite and radar, it's an enigma to me. It never looks like it is moving west. But that is just me, I trust the FLhurricane team and that's why I am here.

We have had a good and welcome breeze here in Gulfport, Florida for a couple days. Our local news says it is from Barry.

It had been stagnant for days and it rained everyday. Today was dryer here, but there was still a lot of rain around. The Gulf of Mexico seems to be sweating profusely. That's scary from what cieldumort says for LA and our neighbors to the northwest.

Just hoping Barry stays wide and weak. We'll not complain about rain here, and the cooler temperatures and breeze are making a nice early to mid July so far in Florida for we locals. Tourist might be complaining a bit though.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center