Robert
(Weather Analyst)
Sat Aug 22 2020 03:52 PM
Re: Rise of the Peak Season

I don't know what any of you are looking at, and last night i was seeing the nhc making a big mistake to.
The low level center out ran the mid level yesterday night and morning, and mainly over Hispaniola, the mid level trailing far behind, the low level hit the islands and is dying , the vigorous mid level is dropping the new center South south east of Puerto rico.... The system is also coming under the influence of building high moving off the conus, Ventilated North east by upper feature, and soon to be ventilate south west by a small upper low that is just southwest of hati! .....Hispanola and that little upper will kill the low level, Laura is now moving slower stacked and in a good environment, and looks to clear the islands through the mona passage and come up on the north coast and avoid the high mountains.... i see no reason this should not follow marcos trend of strengthening and become a hurricane before the bahamas, just miss the mountians, then watch models correct as stronger and stronger values get input into the runs.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center