Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Fri May 04 2007 10:41 AM
Re: NOGAPS - Florida Tropical Storm??

I think that looks pretty far-fetched to me....but what do I know. Looks like it is bringing the low from our 'back-door' cold front southeastward to develop off the east coast. Don't remember when I have seen that happen, especially at this time of the year. I just don't see what is going to kick that area back southward far enough for this scenario to come true. GFS and CMC look more believable as I could see something forming farther east and north, but it would be wild to get something as close to Fla as the NOGAPS is showing at this point in the year. We will have to wait and see.....none of the NWS discussions are mentioning anything yet (wouldn't expect them to based on one model run). Have to watch those today and tomorrow. If something DOES happen, thanks for the heads-up!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center