allan
(Weather Master)
Sat May 05 2007 12:27 AM
Re: coastal cutoff low

ok, well I saw the new NAM model and it "looks" like it has it becoming sub-tropical in nature and headed to me which we really need the rain here lol. I really don't know what to say about this because at this point, anything can happen. People are saying shear is high and tempuratures are low but from what I saw on the maps earlier, the shear is not THAT high and the water temps are around the upper 70s maybe at some times reaching 80. I can see this become Andrea but a very small chance at that. This weekend is sure gonna be interesting. One of the forecast discussions say that if it gains alot fo convection, then it would be watched for a possible sub-tropical storm. Something that i will be monitering.
btw.. if you have new information on the storm off the coastline, that would be great!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center