LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Oct 31 2007 03:43 PM
Re: Notes from satellite observations

I really don't care about the legal arguements of whether or not school should be closed. IF conditions are such with winds of 40mph steady on my block I do not want to go to work as a teacher nor do I want my children out in it.

I never personally said Boo about Charlie (was in the cone) but I have complained for years that Irene was handled badly and I was getting blasted in my area by hurricane force winds and flooding knee high while JIm Cantore stood on a quiet West Coast Beach watching as ripples of waves danced ashore with the "circulation center" of Irene.

Years later nothing has changed.

Miamians are not stupid, nor are Monroe County Residents they know what a Tropical Storm Warning means and they will not panic, they will act more carefully to protect themselves and their property (small flying objects, lawn furniture, etc) and take measures .. the problem is when they have no time to do so..

With a storm this close to land I don't warn to argue if it's a jog or movement... it's WEST or WNW... whatever you call it.

And.. I was just at the beach and took photos and the waves are much higher and foamier and rolling and crashing much different scene from yesterday which really looked like winds from a pressure gradient (there is a difference) and from an approaching tropical system.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center