weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 18 2010 07:54 PM
Re: The Outgoing West African Double Header

Hmmmm, that is an interesting pic with what at first glance would appear to be some weak low level cyclonic turning over or near the Isle of Pines. Then, I took a long look at a nicely zoomed loop. Though I am not sure nor have I looked at any surface obs., it appears less of an organized low level circulation, and more like some type of strong mid level surge moving rapidly off the coast of Cuba to the S.W. Interestingly, I do see what would appear to be some cyclonic turning towards the very end of the loop, and yet oddly those clouds would appear to me to be blow off and somewhat more upper level. I don't believe that any cutoff low was moving west in tandem with this wave feature however. Perhaps there is a very weak mid level turning, and that combined with the rapid low level motion ( perhaps some kind of land induced outflow boundary? ) that is moving towards the S.W., further aids in the appearance of C.O.C.

Really, given how convective the wave itself is becoming, it isn't unreasonable for the ingredients in place to potentially congeal and further contribute to what might be a slowly developing system. Will be interesting if we start seeing increased bursting of convection tonight, that is more co-located with this particular feature. It would appear to be moving WNW at this time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center