Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Fri Oct 22 2004 09:51 PM
Re: Eye replacement

Hi,

Let me anwser your question from what I have gathered over the years. I believe CERC's occur generally at night because that's where there is a vorticity max in the atmosphere and thus where the eye would start to generate from, and there is a process known as the nightime convection which leads to insolation ventilating back up into the upper atmosphere. This excessive energy cannot be placed in the center of the eye and is therefore placed somewhere else and a new eye forms and temporaily weakens the prexisting eye. Just my thoughts... I would let Clark take a stab at this one!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center