guywdog
(Registered User)
Sat Jul 09 2005 02:22 PM
Pensacola Area Residents discussion

Hey All, my dad lives near the back gate of the Navy BAse off of dog track road. he is 83 yrs old and while in relatively good health I am still very worried about him. He will not leave unless it gets real bad. i can understand his concerns because during Opal he went 7 miles in 5 hours and thought "you can die in your car or die at home" so he went back home. In previous Hurricanes he evacuated and came home to lotters going thru his belongings.
Is there any people in the Pensacola area that wants to discuss the storm or just want to chat? I have told my dad to leave if it gets to looking like it could be bad, and if he gets damage i will go down to help out, since I live in Birmingham Alabama, we have seen lots of traffic and people escaping the storm. Thanx for the forum and for listening..

guywdog

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center