Psyber
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Sep 23 2005 10:41 PM
Re: Hurricane Local Statement- 8:30 PM CDT

time for some comic tension relief:

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2005/09/is-that-hurricane-in-your-pocket.html

Cnn is saying that they're expecting up to 24 inches of rain in some areas inland in texas. That coupled with storm surge that MIGHT make it up the rivers by up to 20 miles. Wow, this is the sort of stuff that reversed the flow of the mississippi so many years ago huh?

I cannot beleive these morons on CNN who sit there in 125mph winds reporting what could be their own deaths if a piece of debris comes by and hits them. It reminds me of the main weather guy talking on his cellphone in LA during the movie, "The Day After Tomorrow" when the house runs him over. It makes me so mad that these guys might encourage people to stay during the next hurricane. If i'm Joe Q Public and i see someone STANDING in the middle of a vortex, i might say "hell, he can stand up in it, I might as well sit in my house instead of leaving next time".

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center