LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Jun 16 2006 12:01 AM
Re: Hurricane trends

Agreed. It is a shame NOAA doesn't have the money it needs to do the important research that is neccesary to better predict and even in some way modify hurricanes.

I don't think Gray's report spent that much time on the debate. It was a small amount and I give them cerdit for mentioning it.

When there is an explosion globally in all basins in the same year of hurricanes I will look into global answers; not just the Atlantic.

And, lastly the information from the hurricane reanalysis is essential as if you use bad data in equations you end up with garbage in and garbage out. You only learn from the past if you have the right history to learn from....

Thanks. Good debate. I learned a lot tonight.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center